What is a precedent?
Part I: Understanding precedents
From the Studio Resources tab, choose up to 3 precedents from "Playful Spaces" and "Sites of Intervention."
For each of the three precedents, answer the following questions in the text field of your post with the title, site, date of each work.
- In your own words, describe the project.
- What is the significance of the site in this project?
- How does the viewers or the environment engage or interact with this piece?
Part II: Finding your own precedents
Then, find 2 more precedents of art installations and urban projects that bring an element of surprise to the otherwise mundane. You will gather all your findings and post them into the Response tab. For these precedents, answer the following questions:
- How does the work activate the space or make use of the space in a unique functional way?
- How does the space where the work is located alter or orchestrate the behavior of people moving through it?
- What are elements of the work that encourage interaction and participation?
*** Work with your partner to create a series of slides in the Response Tab with these images and text so that you can present them to your fellow classmates next class. You do not need to make the post twice, make one post together and add each other as collaborators.